• Helpful for vet trips/travelling?   5 years 36 weeks ago

We just finished our 3rd trip to the vet first with Finnegan, followed by Domino and finally Stormy getting them all up to date on their shots and getting the "once over" by the vet.

They all did very well at the vet, even our Hellion, Stormy. We have harness style leashes that we use when taking them to the vet. We still hold them securely in our arms, but if the cat escapes, they are dragging a leash which makes them easier to catch. Fortunately it has never come to that.

We have the standard pet taxi and it would probably be safer to user that, but we've always enjoyed carrying them in and out of the vet's office.

Here's a picture of Domino modeling the leash.

• Points   5 years 36 weeks ago

I just realized that with the site upgrade I did a few weeks ago, user points stopped working. I fixed it and adjusted everyone's points. Here is how the points work:

• Posting a comment/response to a post: 2 points
    • Inviting a user who registers: 5 points
    • Points the invited user receives: 2 points
    • Points for posting a picture to your profile: 4 points
    • Creating a forum topic: 5 points
    • Submitting a Best of Kitty-Cam image: 5 points

If I have marked an users as a suspected spammer, they are unable to earn any points.

• Favorite Cam Pictures   5 years 36 weeks ago

I'm locking this thread because the "Best of" gallery is now in place and members can add pictures.

• R.I.P. Zoey   5 years 36 weeks ago

This is very sad :( I'm so sorry.

• Favorite Cam Pictures   5 years 36 weeks ago

I'm working on creating a slideshow for the best of photos that users will be able to contribute to. Here is a start: http://kittycam.net/best-of

• R.I.P. Zoey   5 years 36 weeks ago

I'm so sorry to hear about Zoey! From your posts and cams, you could tell she was an all around beautiful girl.
    I hope your memories of her help soothe your time of mourning. You're in my thoughts.

best,
    Laura

• R.I.P. Zoey   5 years 36 weeks ago

Dear Jim and Kris,

I was stunned to see the news today, it's a Black Friday in more ways than one :-{{ I cannot tell you how very sorry I am to hear of your beloved little kittygirl's passing...it seems like I just saw her the other day(yesterday?) in her "nest". I have been rooting for her all this time. Jeez I can't type and sob at the same time... all of your gang is like part of my family too: I can't go a day without logging on to Kitty-Cam. She couldn't have asked for a better family as I know you did absolutely everything in your power to make her comfortable.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you at this time and I also want to thank you for sharing that beautiful little creature with the world! Of course Kitty-Cam won't be quite the same without her, but now she waits and prepares a very special place at the Rainbow Bridge to be rejoined with all who loved her...

God Bless.

valerie

• Kitty-Cam Update   5 years 36 weeks ago

Slowly working on deleting the spam accounts that are still lingering. Process has been to identify what I believe is a spammer, send out a last chance e-mail and if no effort is made to prove they are a legitimate user, the account is deleted. Obviously any account that gets a spam through is deleted immediately.

• A Rare Moment   5 years 37 weeks ago

Now, just how sweet is that. Hope you get more pics like that.

• A Rare Moment   5 years 37 weeks ago

oh that is priceless!!

• Favorite Cam Pictures   5 years 37 weeks ago

Another good shot from this morning.

• Favorite Cam Pictures   5 years 37 weeks ago

Three cats snacking on their morning treats.

• Kitty Cam "New Content"   5 years 37 weeks ago

Thank your for the suggestion.

If you look at the stories on the front page, you'll see the most recent comment is listed first. I did this because often those comments aren't dependent on each other, rather they are always about the story instead on what someone else said.

Here in the forum, I ordered it oldest to newest because this is meant to be more of a discussion area between users and you want to read the discussion in chronological order.

However, I understand wanting to jump to the most recent post when you get a content notification. I checked my notification about the Favorite Cam Pictures and there were two links in it. The first went to the top of the discussion, but the second listed under "1 new comment" jumped to the end of the discussion. That link looked like this: http://kittycam.net/forum-topic/favorite-cam-pictures#comment-1537

Did that link show up in your e-mail alert?

• Favorite Cam Pictures   5 years 38 weeks ago

A rare moment of all four of them on camera between the two cams.

• Kitty-Cam Update   5 years 38 weeks ago

Now if I could convince them to get back on Cam 1! I don't know what is up with that area. We pop any of the 4 on the faux sheepskin and they jump right off. They seem to enjoy the couch when we're not on it.

However, we've been getting some great Cam 2 views during the day especially from Finnegan!

The last thing that would really bring value to the site is legitimate contributing members. So if you are a visitor and have been considering joining, now is the time with the site all cleaned up!

• Kitty-Cam Update   5 years 38 weeks ago

in with the kitties, and OUT w/ trolling spammers! the site looks great Kris and I look forward to many adorable viewings :^D

• Trouble posting links?   5 years 38 weeks ago

To clarify, this is to put an end to link spamming. Links as part of a regular discussion about the site, cats or other interesting things are always welcome. As users participate in and start appropriate discussions, I will upgrade them to a trusted member.

Link spammers will be deleted and IP address blocked.

Thanks for your support and interest in Kitty-Cam!

• new cam1 view   5 years 39 weeks ago

"semi" bad news. The "new" camera started giving me problems on cam2 (corrupted images and such). I've put the old cam2 cam back into service.

The camera does work (tried it on my laptop), but it just doesn't seem to want to work when I need it.

• new cam1 view   5 years 39 weeks ago

I got the spam greatly reduced with the help of a couple modules. They are still trying and have been successful just a couple times. However, each spam that gets through gets reported to a anti-spam service I'm using and then promptly deleted. So, the service should only get/better stronger if I along with other spam victims keep doing that.

Funny thing is, none of my other sites attract spam like this one.

• new cam1 view   5 years 39 weeks ago

Well, I think you're doing a fantastic job, and I can't wait to see the Domino shot!
    and...maybe the lack of avatars will somehow magically keep the spammers away, haha :)

• new cam1 view   5 years 39 weeks ago

Cleo's Mom --

I said the same thing when Jim switched them. Makes much more sense to have it upstairs. Also, the camera did catch Domino sleeping there during the night. I get up at 5am and I found the evidence in the history. I saved the image and will likely make it an announcement on the front page.

Now if I could just get our avatars to display in the forum posts!

• new cam1 view   5 years 39 weeks ago

LOL...yay!! I love new-old cam1 again! Before it was more like "window-cam", however I think the new camera now serves awesomely as cam2, especially since we can now view the lower tier! nice job-- thanks Jim!

• new cam1 view   5 years 40 weeks ago

"New cam....Booooo!" :-)

Cam 1 is back to the old camera.
    Thanks for the input.

We're going to try this new camera on Cam2.
    We might get some nice "night-vision" shots of the kitties if we're lucky.

The lens on this new camera is a little strange, so the image can appear a little distorted.

Please let us know what you think of the "new Cam2".

• Welcome to Kitty-Cam   5 years 40 weeks ago

The software that runs Kitty-Cam has been upgraded and it has been given just a slight new look. Some content is missing or is no longer easily accessible. Give us time while we bring everything back.

• Finnegan Paw Update   5 years 44 weeks ago