• The new cat introduction process   5 years 33 weeks ago

Unfortunately I rent and only have room for one kitty and the day I adopted Cleocatra I realized immediately (much to my dismay) that she didn't like to be held. More than anything I wanted a cuddly lap-cat but it didn't matter because it was love at first sight!

Of course I think it depends on what a kitty's history was that determines behavior, so like you said it will just take time and patience. Even if Neo never becomes a cuddler, it's inevitable that in time he will become increasingly trusting and comfortable in a place that gives him nothing but love and protection, and that in itself is very satisfying!

(Besides, I think he'll come around soon. Underneath initial nervousness I see a softie! :-D)

• More Neo Pictures   5 years 33 weeks ago

great new pic! very glad to hear he's getting along so well. Hi cutie!

• More Neo Pictures   5 years 33 weeks ago

I agree, he looked a little nervous in those pictures and rightly so! I'm happy to report he's made a lot of progress in 6 days. He's much more comfortable when we pick him up and wants to be around us more. We have yet to conquer the hurdle of getting him on our laps though. But, he may never be much of a lap kitty. The other 3 well make up for that!

Here's a picture of him from tonight curled up in "the hole". The live pictures don't pick him up well.

• More Neo Pictures   5 years 33 weeks ago

How is the new kitty "Neo" doing? He looked awfully scared/concerned in those early pictures. He is probably wondering "HELP - What have I gotten myself into?" Hope he relaxes and finds he is in a great place with loving parents.

• More Neo Pictures   5 years 33 weeks ago

Oh, look at him!! What a cutie. For just joining your clan, he looks pretty calm, and so do the others.

• The Secret is Out!   5 years 33 weeks ago

Welcome Neo! He looks like a beautiful mancat, and I look forward to reading his bio. I commend your family for adopting adult kitties. You have plenty of experience integrating new cats into your household, so I'm sure within a few weeks he will be acclimated.

• More Neo Pictures   5 years 33 weeks ago

oh he's Fantastic, thanks for adding these pics (great shots of the others, too). it looks like he's one of the gang already, which is awesome!! how wonderful that he's getting a new lease on life thanks to you guys :) Welcome to your new life, and the wonderful world of Kitty-Cam NEO!!

• More Neo Pictures   5 years 33 weeks ago

And some more....

• The Secret is Out!   5 years 34 weeks ago

OMG, Neo!! I knew it wouldn't be long before there'd be another addition, and it won't be long before he's fully integrated into the "pride". I only wish more people would just take the time and have the patience needed for a new kit on the block...I mean what do people expect, instant harmony?

Hearty and warm congratulations on the new baby, the aerial view of him is just precious. Can't wait to see more pics, when available :)

I'm so excited!

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 34 weeks ago

yep, you got it right :) Sorry I left two pages of "x's"!
    Haha, I love seeing them all cozy and jammed together on cam2!

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 34 weeks ago

Was that the sister & brother picture? And then did you rename it to friends? I'm just trying to fix everything on the backend. :)

Thanks so much for adding all those pictures! The one good thing about winter is the kitties tend to cuddle on cam versus summer when they want nothing to do with each other.

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 34 weeks ago

ok the 3rd time I uploaded the last picture, it saved. I think the problem was the file name-I had a "&" as part of it, so I renamed the file. sorry about that :(

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 34 weeks ago

yay, I found more Zoey shots! the last one didn't take, I'll try to UL it again...

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 34 weeks ago

yes, I had some still saved, but not many of sweet Zoey...I'm so glad I spotted it! I'm going to check out the snowblowing one. I have one of Jim(I think?), w/ one of the kitties behind, reflected in the windows, if you really look! I saved it b/c it was kind of cool.

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 34 weeks ago

I just saw the picture of Zoey from 12/5/09 in the Best of. Did you find that picture on your local PC? :)

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 35 weeks ago

My latest upload includes Jim way in the background snow blowing the driveway!

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 35 weeks ago

Saw yours from last night, added one this morning, this is going to get big fast! :)

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 35 weeks ago

you're not kidding! I think they're doing a "mind meld"; I never saw 2 kitties posed like that. incredible!!

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 35 weeks ago

Wow, the latest one added this morning of "the boys" is awesome!

• Helpful for vet trips/travelling?   5 years 35 weeks ago

yeah he does not look any too happy, LOL! I love the big pic of him--he is gorgeous, and wow, a Whole Lot of Kitty!

thanks for posting, I love it! and very glad to hear they all got good reports from the Dr. =^)

• A Rare Moment   5 years 35 weeks ago

Adorable!

• R.I.P. Zoey   5 years 35 weeks ago

My condolences on the loss of Zoe. I hope that you can take comfort in the fact that you gave her a long and happy life. Your girl is free from pain now and waiting to rejoin you someday. "Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go."

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 35 weeks ago

I'm glad you like it. I'm sure pleased with how it turns out and hopefully it is simple enough for people to add images.

We are doing well. Just dealing with little changes like one less feeding dish (just feels weird) for their evening meal and one "good" change of litter is easier/quicker to deal with.

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 35 weeks ago

"Best of" is a great idea! It's neat to see the older pics :) Hope you guys are doing ok...please give the kitties extra scrunchies for me!

• Best of Kitty-Cam Image Gallery   5 years 35 weeks ago

I found a nice picture of Finny and Domino today.
    Look for it in the "best of".